Master Tonic Is the one natural remedy that should be in every home.
Master Tonic, also known as ‘Fire Cider’ for it’s fiery taste, is Anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic. These medicinal herbs are powerful alternatives to over-the-counter pharmaceuticals that have been used for generations. With the right combination of natural, fresh ingredients, you can fight off the sicknesses that you are exposed to throughout the year. Easy to make, it takes 3-6 weeks to steep so start your Master Tonic today. Prepare now for those times when you are out in public and someone next to you coughs uncovered, sneezes in your direction (did you know that germs can travel up to 200 feet in a sneeze?!) or you are in a room with someone obviously sick. This is effective as a preventative immune boosting tonic, as well as the first thing you should reach for when you feel something ‘coming on’.
The Master Tonic recipe is flexible and does not rely on exact amounts of each element. Keep the amounts of the roots approximately equal to each other. Adjust amounts according to the size of the container. It is important that you have at 2 inches of head-space on top of the chopped ingredients to be sure you can completely cover them with the vinegar, and have room to shake the ingredients thoroughly each day.
Ingredients for a two quart jar:
- 6 in. Fresh ginger root
- 6 in. Fresh horseradish root
- 1/2 cup Fresh turmeric root
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup Fresh garlic
- 4 pieces Cinnamon bark
- 1/4 cup black peppercorn
- 1-2 Chili peppers
- 1 quart Natural apple cider vinegar, raw, with the mother
- Coarsely chop all roots, including onion and garlic
- Cut the chili pepper in half and discard seeds.
- Using a food processor, chop the above until about the size of a slit pea. You do not want mush, but the ingredients must be finely chopped.
- Add the chopped roots to a clean jar. Add the rest of the ingredients and cover completely with apple cider vinegar.
- cover securely with a lid, and shake the jar thoroughly.
- Place the jar in a dark, cool location and shake at least once per day for 3-6 weeks
- Strain the tonic from the solids and refrigerate until needed.
How to take the tonic:
This is a strong tasting tonic. The easiest way to take the tonic is to put a tablespoon in a cup, and have a 1/4 cup of orange juice at hand to ‘chase’ it down with. Alternatives is adding it to juice or water (which just prolongs the flavor btw). You can also add molasses as a sweetener.
Have you tried Master Tonic? What has been your experience? Please leave a comment below to encourage me to continue writing 🙂